Advent Talent Group is searching for 1st shift seasonal Shipping Clerks for a stable, manufacturing company in the SW Metro area that is a leader in their industry.
Position Title: Shipping Clerk
Pay Rate: $16.00/hr
Be a part of a team that is a worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. Are you looking to be part of a company that is committed to providing their customers with innovative quality products, ongoing employee training and education, and superior customer service? If you are a hard-working, punctual, reliable team player – this is a great opportunity for you! Hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday - Friday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Employees may work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Employees may work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Requires preparation of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services.
- UPS/FedEx, Bill of Lading software is to be used effectively and understood.
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of work areas.
- Requires interpersonal skills to coordinate with other employees and outside vendors.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Use appropriate material handling equipment.
Education and Skills Required:
- Experience in shipping desired
- Required to read, speak and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
- Be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment.
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX, Bill of Lading online software is desirable
If you've already interviewed with an ATG recruiter, you receive priority consideration! Please email your recruiter or call 952-920-9119 to let us know which openings are of interest.
- Easy and convenient registration process, including options for online/video interviewing.
- Resume and job search coaching standard with registration.
- Genuinely caring and friendly staff, working together to find the right job for you.
- Competitive wages and benefits, including: employee rewards, referral bonuses, weekly pay, PTO (paid time off), and more.
- Access to fantastic, often exclusive or unadvertised, job opportunities throughout the metro.
Advent Talent Group is an award-winning staffing and recruiting agency and a nationally certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE). Powered by our superhero staffing team, we provide temporary, temporary to hire and direct placement services in Clerical Support, Customer Service, Mortgage/Financial, HR and Light Industrial.